What I’m Doing Currently
Here are some of the things I’m currently doing, as of Summer 2020:
- Staying home as much as I can & wearing a mask whenever I can’t. In entirely related news, I’m also re-learning how to cut my own hair. 💈✂️
- Developing InfoLit for Everyone with a wonderful crew of other Idaho library & education workers. I’m grateful to also be learning from the fantastic people behind the Rebus Textbook Success Program as part of doing this!
- Putting together my qualifying exam lists for my Ph.D. I’m stoked about getting to work with my committee members & excited about my topic, so I’ll probably be sharing lots more about that on here soon.
- Related to the above, I’m revamping some bits of this site.
- First, I’m starting to do some monthly posts I’m calling “signal boosts”, largely inspired by Jessica Schomberg’s Monthly Reading Lists.
- Second, I’m considering how to add some sort of digital garden or wonky wiki for my research, since my previous attempt at maintaining a separate Research Notebook always felt too formal (and technically duplicative / clumsy), when what I was hoping for was trying to work with the garage door up. I’m trying to decide between adapting Tom Critchlow’s folder-based model or Mike Tannenbaum’s liquid-based version of Maxime Vaillancourt’s theme.
- And absolutely saving the best for last: getting married! 🎉‼️ Instead of postponing until our family & friends could be here in person, we got married in our backyard. Two of our best friends were there, one to officiate & the other to juggle some of the tech aspects of streaming it to our attendees.
This page is inspired by Derek Sivers’s /now page.